Friday 10 August 2012

Ebay and the Faith

There are times, in the recent past, when items offered on Ebay, well......shouldn't have been. I'm thinking of the alleged consecrated hosts that, thankfully, have long had a block put on their sale by the administrators.

But, there are good things offered from time to time; the odd piece of altar furniture, sanctuary bells and, even, vestments (both old and new old if you see what I mean).

A couple of years ago I put in a bid for a crucifix and duly won the pitch buying the item for £14 or thereabouts.

I like it a lot. It is a bronze sort of metal and it stands on a wooden 'Calvary' base intended to accommodate a candle. I guess it is French in origin, it has that aura about it.

We say our Rosary before it. What do you think?


It should really have a 'nightlight' candle but a normal one
gives a dramatic effect

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like it. I think it's rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in a local charity shop once - you would be amazed at the amount of beautiful old Catholic items that came in. I still have missals, a statue of Our Lady, a bronze crucifix and more...

    ReplyDelete